I am a fairly regular watcher of both Judge Judy and The People’s Court. I even went to a taping of The People’s Court when they used to do the tapings in midtown and I was freelancing, it was fun and I enjoyed it quite a bit.
Both shows are textbooks on stupid most of the time... almost every case has one of either the plantiff or defendent who could be example 1 of stupid but every once in awhile you get a twofer on a single case. It can be glorious to watch but I do enjoy watching case law in action. It can act as a primer for some basic legal principles that everyone should know as well as being instructive in how a person should conduct themselves under a given set of circumstances.
A lot of these cases involve dogs...
I’m not a big fan of dogs myself. I prefer cats just because cats don’t require you to walk them and cats also are endearing without being needy the way dogs are. Dogs are pack animals where cats are not. Also, you rarely hear stories about people’s cats maiming someone in the neighborhood.
The other thing you see a lot of on these shows are people who own pit bulls or other agrressive dogs who act true to form - that would be something in and of itself but more often than not it’s not the dog that’s the problem as much as it’s the idiot owner who can’t be bothered being responsible for their pet. Sure enough, I started writing tis, switched over to Judge Judy and what was the first case of the day? A pit bull attacking a woman’s six year old daughter.
People, it’s like having a gun... if you can’t be responsible you really shouldn’t have it.
Dogs really are no different. Keep the things under your control, keep them penned in and make sure you have a good fence. I have absolutely no patience for clowns like this and honestly, if more people just shot the dogs in question you’d likely see how quickly people would start exercising more control over their animals.
The other thing that annoys me is this crap about ‘service animals.’
Unless you are fucking blind and need a guide dog, your pet is not a service animal. If you are handicapped or developmentally disabled then you likely make the cut but if you want to run some shit on the rest of us that you’ll have a panic attack because you can’t get your way and have your animal in places it shouldn’t be then save the bullshit for people who believe it.
The whole service animal thing is taking flying more to third world bus rides than whay flying started out being. Instead people should just be showing up at the airport with pigs and goats saying their service animals and of course using hefty bags for carry-on luggage.
To me this service animal thing is just another means of indulging the delicate sensibilities of the idiots in this world to the detriment of sane people everywhere.
And it’s obviously a growing problem:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/18/us/emotional-support-animal.html
And it’s only a matter of time before companies start enforcing the rules:
No comments:
Post a Comment